• Automobile Liability � A person�s responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage caused by his or her automobile.
  • Automobile physical damage � Coverage for damage to an automobile owned by the insured.  There are two kinds of coverage � collision and comprehensive insurance.
  • Collision coverage � Coverage for your automobile when it overturns or collides with another car or object.
  • Comprehensive coverage � Coverage for losses to your automobile, such as fire, vandalism, water, hail, glass breakage, wind, falling objects and vehicle theft, but not collision.
  • Deductible � An amount you pay if you have a claim.  The deductible is subtracted from the amount the company is obligated to pay.  The higher the deductible, the lower the premium.
  • Medical expense � Covers the medical/funeral expenses of a person who is injured/killed in an automobile accident. The coverage applies no matter who is at fault.
  • Rental reimbursement � Provides temporary coverage for the rental of a substitute vehicle, while yours cannot be driven because of collision or comprehensive loss.
  • Towing and Labor � Provides coverage for general towing and on the spot labor expenses.
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage � Coverage that applies when you are injured in an automobile accident caused by a person who does not have insurance, a driver whose liability limits are not high enough to cover your damages or a hit and run driver.


  • Actual Cash Value (ACV) � The value of the property is figured by determining what it would cost to replace the property (see replacement cost) and is then adjusted by subtracting an amount that reflects depreciation or obsolescence.
  • Additional Living Expense � Covers additional temporary expenses for hotel/apartment living while you are unable to live in your home because of damage to your home caused by a peril covered by your homeowners policy.  This does not cover all your expense, only that amount which is above and beyond your normal living expense. Should you stay with family or friends and do not create extra expense, no payment will be made.
  • Deductible � An amount that you pay in a property claim. The amount can range from $250 to $10,000.
  • Liability Coverage � Coverage  for injury to another person or another person�s belongings when the loss is your fault, this does not apply to automobile losses.
  • Medical Payments Coverage � Covers medical expense for a person who is injured in an accident at your home even if you are not at fault (medical payments coverage does not include coverage for you or members of your household).
  • Named Peril Policy � Covers any loss that is caused by one of the covered perils named in the policy.
  • Open Perils Policy (special) � Covers damage or loss from all causes except causes that are specifically excluded.
  • Out-building (also referred to as other structures or appurtenant structures) detached buildings on your property such as a tool shed or garage which is not used in your business or occupation.
  • Peril � Cause or event that causes a loss such as a fire, lightening, theft, etc.
  • Personal Property or Contents � Includes everything in your home, such as clothes, furniture, appliances, etc.
  • Replacement Cost � The replacement cost of a building equals the amount it would cost to construct the house or building today using materials of the same kind or quality. The replacement cost of a house does not include the value of the land.

This is not a solicitation of insurance coverage in any state or jurisdiction where the agency is not licensed.